Everyone has questions and needs more details on all areas of insurance coverage. Visit our FAQs & TIPs frequently to get answers to your questions. If you do not find what you are looking for here, please call or email us so that we can help and update our FAQs & TIPs for others...

Call 330-332-1586 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. us today!

Did you know type of occupation/business may affect auto insurance rates?

Insurance is based on the idea of calculated risk, and car insurance companies consider every relevant aspect of your life when they determine your rates. They often go far beyond your driving history, age, gender, and driving habits, and may ask about such seemingly small details as your level of education and your occupation. Doctors, lawyers, real estate brokers and sales people are considered high-risk. Scientists, nurses, accountants, teachers and artists are considered low-risk!

Do I need to cover independent contractors for workers compensation?

Independent contractors are not usually eligible for workers' compensation coverage. However, each situation and state is unique. Some employers misclassify employees as independent contractors or vice versa. It is always best to check with your insurance agent.

How do I insure a vacant building?

Vacant homes can be tricky to place insurance on. This is because most of the well-known standard insurance carriers do not want to write insurance for vacant homes. Statistically speaking vacant homes are much more likely to have a loss than an occupied home. You want to make sure that you disclose that the building is going to be vacant, what the procedures are for securing the building and how long you plan for the building to be vacant.

SEASONAL - Do you need insurance to sell Christmas Trees?

As a seller of Christmas trees, you need a specialized liability policy to protect your premises and products sold, including coverage for the acreage upon which your trees are grown Don't forget, after checking into your insurance needs - look into zoning issues.

Why does the insurance company audit my business every year?

There are two types of business insurance policies, auditable and non-auditable. If you have an Auditable policy the insurance carrier will contact you ever year to get updated figures on whatever factor it is that they use to rate you policy (i.e. payroll, sales, square footage).

Crabb Insurance, Inc. Your Partner for a Secure Future.

—   Protecting your family and business since 1945.   —

Crabb Insurance, Inc. Partners